computerRemote work allowed
business_center3 years experience
WSP is currently initiating a search for a 3D Design Specialist for our Boston, MA office. The specialist is responsible for creating media depicting proposed and existing projects within the transportation industry. Media includes 2D imagery, 3D models, animations, stills, and Augmented Reality (AR) content. Applicants should have a strong computer background and have experience in computer programing and 3D content creation.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong range of experience
- Proficient in a variety of digital 2D and 3D software programs
- Grasp of the following: Unity, C#, AutoCAD, Vray, Premiere Pro, BIM Modelling
- AR/VR and immersive, computer-based application creation
- Previous experience building computer applications
- Experience in the engineering consulting industry
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
- Create 3D Models, textures, lighting, and rendering of conceptual designs for transportation related lighting projects
- Creating new and working with preexisting 3D models from a variety of applications
- Develop AR applications to display 3D models and designs
- Create and develop scripts
- Modifying existing 2D imagery for the purposes of displaying design ideas
- Work as an individual or as part of a cross-functional team of engineers and lighting designers on federal, state, regional, and locally funded improvement, and development projects
- Exercising responsible and ethical decision-making and adhering to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Performing additional responsibilities as required by business needs
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Min. 3 years of similar experience
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Knowledge and strong background in computer programing (coding)
- Experience with 3D modeling software (3DS Max, SketchUp, Rhino)
- Experienced with cross-platform game engines (Unity, Unreal)
- Experience with 2D image editing software (Photoshop)
- Strong knowhow with at least one programming language
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively deliver multiple tasks and projects on deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives
- Understanding of 2D and 3D Cadd data
- Able to Work with large and complex 3D data sets
- Troubleshoot technical and creative problems, problem-solving attitude, and work independently
- A positive attitude when interacting with colleagues
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements
- Able to express ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience
- Ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies