Autodesk releases 3ds Max 2024.2 Update
Autodesk has just released a new update to its popular DCC, 3ds Max 2024. This update introduces many new features and enhancements.
- The Assign Controller rollout has been modernized with options to help animators work more efficiently.
- The release contains several Boolean modifier updates, including better sub-operand manipulation in the Modifier stack, improved performance and OpenVDB processing, and various bug fixes.
- The introduction of a new version of Autodesk ReForm improves processing times by up to 30%.
- The new Conform modifier lets you move a spline or mesh onto the surface of one or more other meshes.
- Updated Universal Scene Description (USD) support in 3ds Max lets artists work seamlessly with USD in conjunction with 3ds Max workflows.
- A new Enable Shape Angle Constraints option in the Snap Options lets you define your own angle constraint to better assist you with angle snaps (when holding Shift or Ctrl) while creating lines or line objects.
- OCIO-based color management has moved out of the Technology Preview phase. Colors in 3ds Max can be controlled from input to output, enabling end-to-end color-managed workflow.
- Several updates including new presets, expression engines, and a Maxscript Process Operator improve the Data Channel Modifier's usability.
- The Volume Select Modifier now features a significant performance improvement and the ability to animate Material ID and Sm. Group values, providing more immediate results.
- Scenes are no longer saved with empty Animation Layers, Note Tracks, and Note keys, reducing file size.
All changes and additions can be seen in detail here.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Login here.